Sunday 29 March 2009

Blood Tests

So after my blood shooter test today, I was fairly pleased with the results, but still felt the whole thing could be better.

I retried the method that I used for the shooter test (Liquid Glucose, Red and Green colouring, and water), but when I tried this against some white paper it was far too watery and pink.

Second Test - I added a bit more green, it started to look really dark, almost close to black, and mixed in a little more glucose. Again, it was too watery and too pink.

Third Test - I dug out The Guerilla Film Makers Blueprint and emulated some of the method they recommended in there. As this was only a quick test, what I did was put a couple of spoonfuls of Golden Syrup into a pan and heated it for a few seconds over a medium heat. I then added the same food colouring until I reached the desired colour, then tried again.

This looked FAR better but it was too thick - Only a small amount came out. But the colour was spot on. I'd need to mix up a tad more water or some sort of other thing in to get the right effect.

Enjoy,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment